The School Council exists to support the Explorer Middle School's vision and mission through the evaluation of programs while providing feedback from all members of the community in the following areas:
- Advise the principal.
- Evaluate programs/services/expectations (i.e. bullying, citizenship, dress code, etc.).
- Provide feedback from community.
- Enhance parent/educator relations (review parent/student handbook).
- Conduct the Annual Family Survey.
- Facilitate the development of New School Action Plan.
- Recommend tax credit expenditures.
- Consider and evaluate new initiatives or programs.