About Our School
Explorer Middle School opened in the fall of 1997 and is located on 40th Street, north of Deer Valley Road. Explorer is located in a rapidly developing area of Northern Phoenix, which boasts several new neighborhood communities. The region features a variation of dining, shopping, and entertainment opportunities for the whole family to enjoy!
Welcome Parents and Students of Explorer Middle School!
The great challenge for any school is to find a way to meet the needs of each student that walks through the doors each day. The Vision of the Paradise Valley Unified School District and Explorer Middle School is to stand out from the rest; and to cultivate, lead, and inspire world-class, innovative thinkers and expert communicators in each of our students. We accomplish this through Explorer's Mission: Engage, Empower, Explore, Experience.
It is our beliefs and commitment at Explorer MS that guide us in everything we do.
- We believe that all students can achieve...and all means all
- Personal integrity and respect is given and received by all students, teachers and staff
- Diversity and individual differences are celebrated and valued
- We focus on the relationship between educator and student; built around challenging, meaningful, and engaging curriculum
- Our parents are vital partners and valued resources in the educational process
- Our PTO is a strong partner in the education of our students and community
- Technology plays a critical role in the success and lives of our students and their future education
- Equipping students with 21st Century Skills: Creativity, Collaboration, Communication, and Critical Thinking are a strong focus across the curriculum
- We are a community that strives to do all of this through a school environment, which is inviting, safe, inclusive, and supportive to all
The vision of Explorer Middle School is to be a great, adolescent-centered learning community, where students are expected to meet high academic standards, contribute as positive citizens in our community, and become productive members of the 21st century. We are committed to providing innovative and challenging experiences through our curriculum, instruction, and assessment that are aligned with state standards. We are dedicated to providing support and time for students to meet rigorous standards. We are committed to providing our students frequent exposure to the visual and performing arts, physical fitness, foreign language and technology.
|A place where every student feels safe, known, and cared for.|
|teal and gold|
9:00 a.m - 3:40 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Early Release Hours
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.